I have a Mid 2013 Macbook Pro that stopped being supported by MacOS several
releases ago.
I heard about OpenCore, which magically patches the installer for the
current release of MacOS
to run on older hardware. To my utter amazement, it works! I'm now running
the latest version
of MacOS Ventura on a ~11 year old Macbook.

I'm not saying that the Go project should officially recommend doing this,
but people with older
hardware who would otherwise be off the air, it's something to consider.

Cordially,
Jon Forrest