I would abandon the IOT device doing any serving of data to any client and
instead make your cloud instance the web server rendering data it obtains
via grpc from the IOT devices.  This makes the design much simpler on the
IOT side and takes any direct access to them away which simplifies the
design and security.  With proxying traffic, you seem to essentially want
to do that at the network level anyway, why not go further up the stack?

If the IOT device knows only how to answer specific requests for
information (and has no ability to listen for outside network traffic) the
surface area for attack of that device is made very small.

e.g., client-http-cloud-grpc-iot-grpc-cloud-http-client

One network connection from cloud to IOT, not multiple.
Specific requests being able to be handled by the IOT device, not generic
ssh/rsync/http.