This ist actually a syntactical difference. Both are syntactically just
selector expressions.

So you'd need *semantic* highlighting, which not a lot of highlighters do.
One reason is performance and another is that it means highlighting might
fail for incorrectly typed (but syntactically valid) programs.

And if one does, you can tell the difference between literally anything (on
a type level) - if you are willing to rely on highlighting to tell the
difference between an import and a variable, you can also use it to
differentiate between, say, an interface and a concretely typed variable.
Or an int and a float type. Or whatever.

So in the context of the question, this strikes me as a pretty unhelpful
response. Yes obviously you can use a tool to *tell* you the difference by
performing a type check. But obviously the question was about a syntactical
way to do so.