On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 3:30 PM robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am on OSX - and Go doesn’t appear to generate a core dump
> on panic despite the GOTRACEBACK setting.
>
> That being said, the stack-traces look ok to me. See attached.

Since I also use macOS (aka "OS X") I investigated why core dumps are not
generated. The answer can be found in
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/59446 that I just opened. The short
answer is that on macOS on amd64 core dumps from Go programs are explicitly
disallowed. On macOS on arm64 they should occur but generating them
requires a code-signed Go binary. Something I don't have enough interest to
verify. Also, presumably the same issue that affects Go core dumps on macOS
amd64 also applies to macOS arm64. So even if you go to the trouble of
code-signing a Go binary generating a core dump would not be practical on
Apple Silicon.

--
Kurtis Rader