But it does not introduce false positives. It exposes true positives. The
race are still there, even if the race detector can not detect them. Note
that the race detector is a heuristic. It will never find all race
conditions, only the ones encountered in the actual run.

This is a great point. They are true positives.

I wonder if it's possible for the -race detector (via an optional flag) to
introduce random lag in order to change the execution profile. I'm thinking
that this would help to flush out these true positives. Fuzz testing but
specifically for race detection.