Hi,

I have a program I am writing that stops and asks the user for input, in
this case it's a passphrase used to encrypt output.

 I want the program to also be able to be used in a script, and if in a
script use a predefined value as the passphrase. What I'd like to know is
how to detect if running in a script or not.  I've tried something like
this:
runPid := os.Getpid()
parPid := os.Getppid()
val := runPid - parPid //normally I check if runPid is > parPid in my code.
if val < 20 {
fmt.Println("Not running in a script")
}
This works, but only if the script ran quickly. Wondering if there is a
better way to do this?