Someone should publish a benchmark of compiling Go code on Windows, Linux,
osX.
People can take this into account when selecting their development platform.
And if enough people complain about Windows machines being several orders
of magnitude slower
than similar priced competing platforms, then maybe Microsoft will take
note and fix their Anti-Virus tools.