Such an issue is what I linked you to earlier in the thread. So I do not
think you need to create a new issue - however, in the comments in that
issue one of the devs asks for use cases where go work sync is not
sufficient, so you might want to reply to that with your example where go
work sync has not been sufficient.

https://github.com/golang/go/issues/50750

Well, it is actually about go mod tidy, but the discussion mentions go get
as well, and is generally about why the other tools ignore go.work and
whether this should be changed. So I think it is the appropriate forum for
that discussion.