Yeah.. I mean, the "idiom" `err != nil return` err is something of the
language. I complain about the boilerplate that idiom produces and that is
fact fact (no one can deny it).

You know, your approach implies making the language a little more
complicated as new ways to deal with errors appear. I do understand that
some folks provide some push back on the idea simply because there is
nothing wrong with the language right now regarding error handling.

As I see things, the language was simple in their origins, but from time to
time they complicated a little more some things, for example "what about
generics?"  (are they really necessary?, I mean... I think using interfaces
provides all the genericity you may need). So I guess there is room to make
some changes and make the language easier. I would say that both ways of
handling errors are valid, the most important is to be as simple
as possible so you ensure that other people understand it. Like Generics,
you don't have to use them. So I would praise it for adding another way,
less repetitive.

Also like to see how people react and what their opinions are. So far what
I read is just personal taste.