Hello,

I want to detect the implementation of binary.ByteOrder. ie. whether it is
Little Endian or Big Endian.

Normally, you would do this with a type assertion or a type switch but in
the case of the binary package the little/big endian implementations are
not exported.

The only way that I can see to distinguish between the implementations is
to test the value returned by String(). Am I missing something here or
should I continue to use String()?

Regards
Stephen