When I run 'go get github.com/user/packge' I get a TLS Handshake :
go: module github.com/user/package: Get
"https://proxy.golang.org/github.com/user/package/@v/list": net/http: TLS
handshake timeout

So I set GOPROXY=direct

Now I get
go: downloading github.com/user/package v0.5.0
go: github.com/user/package@v0.5.0: verifying module:
github.com/user/package@v0.5.0: Get
"https://sum.golang.org/lookup/github.com/user/package@v0.5.0": net/http:
TLS handshake timeout

 I know I didn't put a real package in -- because it happens with every
package.  This also only happens when I am connected to my company VPN --
Company also uses proxies to get out. I would have better luck getting a
river to flow uphill than for them to change their vpn or proxy policies.
This used to work, until I had to reinstall my mac.

I also can set different proxies to get around most of their corporate bs.
Setting those proxies works for cloning a github repository, I can curl,
wget -- it all seems to work just fine. I just cant run 'go get'