Yep! Can confirm that setting GOTOOLCHAIN=local and changing the go
directive in go.mod to 1.21 (without minor version) fixed the problem.

Thanks again Axel!

:) Hein

On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 10:54:15 PM UTC-7 Axel Wagner wrote:

> (or change the `go` directive to `Go 1.21` (no minor version) apparently)
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 7:52 AM Axel Wagner <axel.wa...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> By coincidence, I was just reading https://go.dev/blog/toolchain and
>> realized I put `GOTOOLCHAIN=local` into my ~/.confiig/go/env a while ago,
>> so as to not have the Go tool transparently download different versions. If
>> I remove that, I can indeed reproduce the behavior you are seeing.
>> So, my recommendation for experimenting would be to run `go env -w
>> GOTOOLCHAIN=local`.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 12:51 AM Hein Meling <hein....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Axel for your reply. That's interesting. I'm able to run your
>>> example just fine. However, using a different go.mod file with the content
>>> below (and a longer code example with iteration over a LevelDB thing... not
>>> able to provide the code), I get:
>>>
>>> % gotip version
>>> go version go1.21.0 darwin/arm64
>>>
>>> % gotip run iter.go
>>> # command-line-arguments
>>> ./iter.go:48:25: cannot range over SnapshotHash(ldb, nonce) (value of
>>> type Seq2[uint64, error])
>>>
>>> module iter
>>>
>>> go 1.21.0
>>>
>>> require (
>>> github.com/opencoff/go-fasthash v0.0.0-20180406145558-aed761496075
>>> github.com/syndtr/goleveldb v1.0.0
>>> )
>>>
>>> require (
>>> github.com/golang/snappy v0.0.0-20180518054509-2e65f85255db // indirect
>>> golang.org/x/net v0.10.0 // indirect
>>> golang.org/x/sys v0.11.0 // indirect