Are you sure that the writer isn't closing the named pipe between writing
JSON objects? If necessary you can check this with strace.

I'm pretty sure you'll get an EOF in the *reader* when the *writer* closes
from their side. You can demonstrate this with the shell:

(In terminal 1)
mkfifo /tmp/fifo
cat /tmp/fifo

(In terminal 2)
cat >/tmp/fifo
abcd
efgh
<< wait a while >>
^D

When you hit ^D in terminal 2, the cat in terminal 1 ends.

The solution (or as you asked, "how to reset this?") is simply to re-open
the fifo for reading.