By the definition of "3.403 Text File
<https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/V1_chap03.html#tag_03_403>"

then no, because a JSON file can have arbitrarily long lines.

Note also: "Although POSIX.1-2017 does not distinguish between text files
and binary files (see the ISO C standard), many utilities only produce
predictable or meaningful output when operating on text files"

Hence there's no guarantee that a line-based text processing utility like
grep or sed will behave meaningfully with arbitrary JSON data. Typically
they do work with "incomplete" lines (3.195), but not arbitrarily long ones.