On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 7:29 PM mr....@gmail.com <mr.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to vent my frustration. The experience of contributing has been
> unpleasant for me. I have noticed that similar fixes are prioritized and
> merged faster, while I spent time resolving the issue and reporting it, but
> it did not receive an effective merge. Although it was during the freeze
> period, I assumed it would be merged soon after the release. However, that
> was not the case. In terms of submission time, my pull request was submitted
> almost a month earlier than others', yet the newly submitted ones were merged
> more quickly (https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/557777). Perhaps I
> should not have created a pull request during the freeze period.
>
> https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/go/+/543177

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  As you know, your earlier change
was waiting for the release freeze.  Then it looks like people simply
didn't notice that the newer change more or less duplicated yours.  We
get so many changes that it's hard for anybody to keep track of them
all.  I understand your frustration.  If you have any suggestions for
how to avoid this kind of problem in the future, we would like to hear
them.

Ian