On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 5:44 AM twp...@gmail.com <twpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but I'm already heavily invested in testscript with over 10K lines
> of scripts and a lot of custom configuration, and commander-cli/commander
> clearly lacks functionality I need.

OOC, is there anything wrong with github.com/rogpeppe/go-internal/testscript
<https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/rogpeppe/go-internal/testscript>?

I've recently used it successfully on two diverse projects; it works well,
it still appears to be maintained, and has good documentation for
out-of-stdlib use cases.