>De: "Neal Gompa"

> The only thing I see that might be missing is autogenerating
> bundled(golang()) Provides when a vendor tree exists (with the
> appropriate automatic filters on Requires).

I had though a little about doing it but first, as many Go elements, vendoring
relies on conventions not standards. The nasty thing about conventions is that
they are not applied 100% the same way by everyone, making automation a PITA.
And second interactions with autodeps can be nasty: you can filter out
provides, but do you filter out requires? What about all the junk code many
projects ship as testing and examples and which is vendored with the rest?

I don't say it can't be done, or that it would be difficult to do once the rest
is merged, but I'll live it to someone that absolutely want to ship a Go
package with vendored parts.

Right now we sidestep the issue in our packages by rm -fr ing anything that
looks like vendored code in %prep. Unbundling takes time but it has a positive
cumulative effect: the more you unbundle the less you need to worry about in
other packages with the same requirements. And unbundling reveals code/legal
problems that it would take about as much work to solve by auditing the
vendored code manually.

Regards,

--
Nicolas mAilhot