Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the announcement. I've been using the Google Feed API and want
to switch to commercial alternatives. Is Google Custom Search the right
fit? Can I call the API for RSS results only?

Regards

Min

On Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 5:14:19 PM UTC-7, Vijay Subramani wrote:

> Google Feed API <https://developers.google.com/feed/> was one of Google’s
> original AJAX APIs, first announced in 2007. Along with many of our other
> free APIs, in April 2012, we announced that we would be deprecating it in
> three years time. As of April 2015, the deprecation period has elapsed.
> While we have continued to operate the API in the interim, it is now time
> to announce the turndown.
>
> As a final courtesy to developers, we plan to operate the API until
> December 15, 2016, when Google Feed API will cease operation. Please ensure
> that your application is no longer using this API by then.
>
> Google appreciates how important APIs and developer trust are and we do
> not take decisions like this one lightly. We remain committed to providing
> great services and being open and communicative about their statuses.
>
> For those developers who find RSS an essential part of their workflow,
> there are commercial alternatives that may fit your use case very well.

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/ed260b75-34c5-4e22-bf2d-10fed95e50aa%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en