Having the same problem:

web.xml:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>tefe</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</
servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>tefe</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

And I go to the following URL: /subscription.do

It works in Eclipse using the 'Run as Web Application' from the
plugin, but it doesn't work when deployed on GAE. Any help?