I tried to create a DAO generator which will generate code for GAE/J.
I started on my existing solution for classical RDBMS. Now it works
for all simple CRUD tasks and also it supports relations. So now it is
possible to generate an application's DAO layer for MySQL or Oracle
and also for GAE.

Of course, if you use complicated SQLs - joins, nested SQLs - there is
no simple solution to migrate. But for applications which only use
find/update/delete operations based on primary keys and indexes you
can fully rely on the automatic DAO generator.
If you are interested in, please visit http://audao.spoledge.com

Regards
Vaclav