Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone had succeeded using the GData APIs on
their GAE applications?
I wanted to access the Picasa Web Albums, using the Java libraries of GData.
But it seems it's not possible, as I'm getting some errors (locally, I
have not tried deployed in the cloud):

ava.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.NetPermission getCookieHandler)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory$CustomSecurityManager.checkPermission(DevAppServerFactory.java:151)
        at java.net.CookieHandler.getDefault(CookieHandler.java:58)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest$GoogleCookieHandler.<init>(GoogleGDataRequest.java:316)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest$GoogleCookieHandler.<init>(GoogleGDataRequest.java:305)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest.<clinit>(GoogleGDataRequest.java:408)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.http.GoogleGDataRequest$Factory.createRequest(GoogleGDataRequest.java:73)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.http.HttpGDataRequest$Factory.getRequest(HttpGDataRequest.java:162)
        at com.google.gdata.client.Service.createRequest(Service.java:697)
        at
com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.createRequest(GoogleService.java:525)
        at com.google.gdata.client.Service.createFeedRequest(Service.java:1074)
        at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getFeed(Service.java:915)
        at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.getFeed(GoogleService.java:631)
        at com.google.gdata.client.Service.getFeed(Service.java:935)

I guess the GData API is not GAE-compliant?
Am I correct?

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager