Are you using the development server? The easiest thing to do here is to
blow away your old datastore. App Engine will recreate your schema. I
believe if you just blow away your output directory and rebuild, this should
work. Look for an output directory under WEB-INF/appengine-generated. You
should find a file called local_db.bin that you can blow away. In my
environment, it looks like this:

MyApp/out/exploded/MyApp/WEB-INF/appengine-generated/local_db.bin

This may vary with your IDE or build process.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:11 AM, randal <rdgo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to make changes to my model class. I have a class called
> Product that has a field category, which is a String.
>
> public class Product {
>    private String category;
> }
>
> Now, I've decided that a Product can have different categories. I made
> the field a List instead of a String. My problem is, when I check with
> the data viewer, the changes don't get reflected. When I try to create
> an entity through the data viewer, I still can't see the categories
> field.
>
> I've also tried just adding categories as new field such that the
> model has both category and categories, but still no 'categories' when
> I tried to create a new entity.

Ikai Lan