Thanks for the quick response!
I tried switching to getPersistenceManagerProxy() but didn't get any
change.
After experimenting some more I finally found my problem...
my object of User had a list of Category, and I carelessly used
@Transient (javax.persistence) instead of @NonPersistent
(javax.jdo.annotations)
when persisting my User, JDO damaged my Category "table"...