Hi,
i am a newbie to App Engine. So I tried to do some of my Spring
3.0.0.RELEASE demo stuff.

When using my favourite JAX-RS Implementation (Apache CXF 2.3.0-
SNAPSHOT) I ran into the following Problem:

CXF uses @Resource Annotations for Declarative Dependency Injection.

But javax.annotation.Resource is not on the Whitelist.
Only

javax.annotation.Generated
javax.annotation.PostConstruct
javax.annotation.PreDestroy

can be found on
http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/appengine/docs/java/jrewhitelist.html
.

Consequentely I get the StackTrace: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax.annotation.Resource is a restricted class. Please see the
Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.

Well - I did not find a clear explanation what is wrong with @Resource
and why it is excluded from the Whitelist.

There is also an issue
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2564
on this topic. But without any comment.

Maybe there is a simple explanation / workaround to this situation and
some kind soul could respond?

Best Regards
Ralf