Use the object types instead of the primitive types; that is, use Boolean
instead of boolean, and Integer instead of int.  They can be null.  Then in
your getter for them, check to see if they're null and if so, set them to
whatever default value you've chosen, and then return it, unboxed (for example,
return myBoolean.booleanValue() and myInteger.intValue()).

Szymon Malok wrote:
Hello,

I have encountered a problem with adding additional field to my
datamodel.

I understood that existing entites get null values on added field, but
null is not allowed on boolean and int for example?

GAE won't even let me iterate entities to update these fields. Well in
this case I had about 20 entities, so I  created String field instead,
than in Datastore Viewer changed field Type of each entity, but that
is UGLY way.

Is there any other solution?