I don't have time to go into details, so this is a 10,000 ft view, but
perhaps you could potentially extend the base spring context listener
to work with the distributed cache (or some other mechanism between
web apps) which keeps an instance of springs context so that it
doesn't have to be repeatedly loaded.

Also, you could write another Servlet which clears the context
instance when you actually do need it to be reloaded.

Hope this helps.

- Derrick