I get a deadlock on the development server.  It happens about once
every 4 times I startup my app.  It happens at PMF.<clinit>:11 the
first time I access my PMF class, which is just a copy paste of the
example PMF class from
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html.
Deeper down the call tree I can see that it is hung at
Class.getDeclaredConstructors0.

What my app does is: upon loading of the home page, it simultaneously
sends 5 jquery requests to the app. Each request takes about a second
or two because it initializes a different thing, such as getting the
PMF, or loading Spring, etc.

I'm not sure if it would also deadlock on the production app engine.

Does anyone know what could cause this?  Is the development server not
meant to handle multiple simultaneous requests?  Could this also be a
potential situation on the production server?

Note: When I do all of the initializations synchronously instead of
sending out requests simultaneously, everything works fine.