The usual approach to complex queries in GAE is to process your data before you need to query it. So in this case for each person create an "index entity" which simply contains a list of partial names e.g. "Pliyush", "iyush", "yush", "ush"

Then do a keys-only range query for the name part e.g. "iyu" (look into how to do range queries). Then take the result key's parent and look up the Person entity.