Hi,
I have an alternative for getting Spring forms working on the app
engine.  Instead of registering custom editors for your properties,
you can just comment out the offending line (a call to
findEditorByConvention) in the spring source code and recompile.

Everything will work fine as long your code doesn't rely on finding
custom property editors by naming convention.

I made a blogspot post with more details and also a recompiled Spring
jar with this modification. See
http://www.answercow.com/2010/02/spring-forms-on-google-app-engine.html