You could try to login to app-engine with your google apps account under
https://appengine.google.com/a/<YOURDOMAIN.COM>/

Of course you have to create and deploy a new app instance in this account.

I guess it is related to the fact that real google accounts (like google
mail) and google apps accounts use different authentication infrastructures.

Regards,
Stephan