So, for the GAE FAQ

If you start getting requests with http error 500, about 10s of time
and 0ms of cpu and no logs showing up (even if it is on the first line
of your code), it might be something wrong in your code and not on
GAE, like a wrong infinite loop (even if there are logs before the
code, it will *not* show up).

What is strange is that this happened to me a few weeks ago, but the
CPU use was on the skies (on the dashboard chart), and now it stays at
0. Maybe GAE is being more aggressive detecting such issue now and
temporary "blocking" the url before it does any damage (with the
dynamic high cpu use limit).