I have a simple JPA @Entity that has a property of type
java.util.Locale.

When I try and persist this, I get the following error:

>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: locale: java.util.Locale is not a
>> supported property type.
>>      at
>> com.google.appengine.api.datastore.DataTypeUtils.checkSupportedSingleValue(DataTypeUtils.java:174)

In the appengine SDK (1.3.1) in datanucleus-core-1.1.5.jar contains
plugin.xml contains the following type conversion "extension":

<java-type name="java.util.Locale" persistent="true" embedded="true"
string-converter="org.datanucleus.store.types.LocaleStringConverter"/>

How do I "activate" this type converter in my @Entity class?

Thanks.