In September 2009 I started to rebuild a site using a TomCat hosted
web server I had developed that improved upon many good ideas found in
Drupal.

In December 2009 I discovered Google's AppEngine, saw the potential,
and decided to re-target my system to use this technology.

The system, being SQL based,  used a Link table technique to create
joins.  That is, a table consisting of the columns parent-id and child-
id maps a many-many relationship of the tables to be joined. The other
use cases, namely one-one, one-many, many-one are just special cases
of this general case.

I believe this technique maps very well into the Datastore
environment.  I have set up a site at
http://www.rexcel.ca:8888/gems/bbb/load.home
which both demonstrates and describes this technique.  In particular,
link http://www.rexcel.ca:8888/gems/bbb/load.syswiki?ww=701000016#hdr-1-3
describes the link record.

(By signing in as userid=visitor password=your_name the system will
activate a read-only mode for many functions such as the permission
system that uses this technique heavily.)

If there is enough interest I am prepared to make the code available.

Steve Pritchard

PS. The site also demonstrates a JDO modeling technology but that is
another thread.