I'm using the workaround above and it's reading my queue.xml
correctly; however, when I call runTask() I am getting a connection
refused exception. Does the AppEngine test environment provide a
servlet container or mock thereof for running the task servlet? The
task servlet is configured in my web.xml and works fine in dev and
prod, but not in unit tests, so I'm guessing I need to wire in a
lightweight servlet container in test also... would appreciate any
pointers.

INFO: Local task queue initialized with base url http://localhost:8080
Mar 2, 2010 11:33:05 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing
request: Connection refused: connect
Mar 2, 2010 11:33:05 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request

Thank you,
/dmc