Hey all,

I have a signed java applet (voice recorder) that I've been using on
GAE/J for the past few months.  I use maven-jar-signer to do the
signing.  Everything had been working great but I upgraded to SDK
1.3.1 and saw that precompilation was causing the following error:

failed wicket.google
java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for org/cast/
audioapplet/AudioFileReceive.class
        at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-
e18bb0e261bbe9d3(Request.java)
        at sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier.verify(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

If I skip the applet signing or skip the precompilation, then the
instance starts but then either I can't use the applet or it takes a
long time to start up - which is difficult since I'm one of those
users whose instance restarts every 10 seconds or so :)

Thoughts?  Solutions?

Thanks!

Jake