Hi,

I'm using GWT and GAE. I want to serve my project's one and only jsp
file no matter what url is entered by the user in their browser. So
the web.xml file looks like this:

  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>UserMaps.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>indexpage</servlet-name>
    <jsp-file>UserMaps.jsp</jsp-file>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>indexpage</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

when I run this locally, it works fine. Any of the following urls
serve my gwt app with UserMaps.jsp:

  http://localhost:8888/
  http://localhost:8888/JohnDoe
  http://localhost:8888/JaneDoe

when I publish to GAE, it stops working, none of the urls can find
UserMaps.jsp:

  http://usermaps.appspot.com/
  http://usermaps.appspot.com/JohnDoe/
  http://usermaps.appspot.com/JaneDoe/

I'm not sure if this should work, I'm looking at the reference here:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/webxml.html#The_Welcome_File_List

My real goal is to support a twitter-like url mapping scheme where a
user can enter my domain/username, and I'll show them their customized
user page (by pulling some info out of the data store and dynamically
rendering a page for them),

Thanks