I have already got it working...
In my "wrapping" servlet I simply copy the POST-data into a stream of the
uploadURL; this creates blobs and calls then "successUrl" where I store the
BlobInfo. Wrapping servlet then sends single character to client.

As for your suggestion, like I said, I'm using a Flash component SWFUpload,
not a form.

There are two issues with current Flash, at least on Windows:
1) It can not send multiple files in single POST/multi-part request.
Therefore the component needs to cycle and make multiple requests.
(Document/page remains loaded though.)
2) When the uploading request does return empty response (even when the
upload was successful) the component goes nuts.
Therefore I need the receiving target to send at least "." in response body.

Regards
  J. Záruba