Did you have a look at Gaelyk?
http://gaelyk.appspot.com/

I just did a presentation about it:
http://www.slideshare.net/glaforge/gaelyk-quickie-gr8conf-europe-2010-guillaume-laforge

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 18:29, hurray! <sudarshan.acha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a web framework to use on GAE that
> 1. Provides pretty URLs

It has pretty URLs.

> 2. Makes passing data to views easier.

You have Groovlets (for your controllers) and template for the views.
And you can easily pass data to the views.

> 3. Is productive.

Well, I think it's quite productive :-)

> I tried Grails for a small app, but the startup time was too long.
>
> I am curious what framework do you guys use for a small to medium
> sizeapp (that gets a few hundred visits per day)? Please advise based
> on your production level experience on GAE.

I enjoyed using Gaelyk successfully quite a lot for some small
applications so far :-)

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager