On 5 Oct 2010, at 19:44, Maxim Veksler wrote:

Hi Peter,

I used bulkloader.yaml. I can't find the non indexing configuration in the docs http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadingdata.html

Should I just go back and user the "deprecated" method (python configuration?).

What about the existing data? Should I reupload the same entries to after I configure no indexing to make the index go poof ?

The implicit single property indexes can only be added or removed by re-putting the entities replacing the existing ones. Keep in mind that any property used in a composite index must also be indexed (single property index). Existing composite indexes will stay in the datastore until you run "appcfg.py vacuum_indexes". This features is not available in the Java SDK appcfg.sh script.