Okay I just got a single log entry pop up that may offer some insight
to the problem. It reads:

Too much contention on these datastore entities. please try again.

I have noticed a slight increase to the number of requests received
today (so far 40k), could it be some unforeseen issue that occurs only
when I get a spike in traffic?