You'll probably have to use chaining task queues or the backends API:

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/backends/overview.html

This has the tendency to be pretty expensive, though, and you don't really
get any benefits from using App Engine, so you might be better off crawling
the internet with idle computer/bandwidth at your university.

--
Ikai Lan
plus.ikailan.com | twitter.com/ikai