AFAIK, there aren't any plans to do Geospatial indexing via GeoPt anytime in
the near future. That being said, if we were to support this feature, it
would make sense for us to start there or at least provide an API supporting
GeoPt. Even if we didn't, you could just call getLatitude() and
getLongitude().

--
Ikai Lan
plus.ikailan.com | twitter.com/ikai