If all 4000 entites are in a single entity group, in theory you can do this
because it counts as a single transactional write. There's a maximum RPC
size of 11mb (implementation detail) so if you trip this, you're in some
trouble - the RPC size include not only the size of the entity but also the
size of all the indexes.

The problem is that this is a bad design. App Engine charges for datastore
ops, so you're already using 4000 datastore write ops per request +
multiples for indexes.

Instead, try to figure out how to can write the data in as few entities as
possible. I suspect you're still thinking relationally. You didn't answer
my question about what problem you're trying to solve. What are you
building? Why would 4000 writes be needed? Why can't all the data fit into
a single entity?

--
Ikai Lan
plus.ikailan.com | twitter.com/ikai