I've been trying to use the Google Cloud Storage API which is published now
under the Docs section of the App Engine site.  The docs states the API is
supported on v1.6.0 and higher.  I have tried running my app locally and in
App Engine and I get errors like:
java.io.IOException
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.FileServiceImpl.translateException(FileServiceImpl.java:586)
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.FileServiceImpl.makeSyncCall(FileServiceImpl.java:561)
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.FileServiceImpl.create(FileServiceImpl.java:479)
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.FileServiceImpl.createNewGSFile(FileServiceImpl.java:149)

Caused by: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$ApplicationException:
ApplicationError: 704: Only blobstore supported currently
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.dev.LocalFileService.throwError(LocalFileService.java:208)
    at
com.google.appengine.api.files.dev.LocalFileService.create(LocalFileService.java:218)

The errors also seem to vary if I try using Google Storage under my Google
Apps account and my regular gmail account.

Under my Google Apps account I get messages like:
Caused by: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$ApplicationException:
ApplicationError: 7:
    at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.ApiProxyImpl$AsyncApiFuture.failure(ApiProxyImpl.java:517)
    at
com.google.net.rpc3.client.RpcStub$RpcCallbackDispatcher$1.runInContext(RpcStub.java:741)
    at
com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable$1.run(TraceContext.java:455)
    at com.google.tracing.TraceContext.runInContext(TraceContext.java:695)

Is the Java Google Storage API supported?