This is probably a pure Python question.

Is it possible to use a different framework depending on what hostname the
request was made to? For example:

api.mydomain.com (API service) -> webapp
admin.mydomain.com (Backend administration) -> app-engine-patch (AEP)

The data model needs to be the same for each framework (worst case would
require a duplicated models.py file, which is ok).

We want AEP for its admin capabilities for admin.mydomain.com, but we want
use webapp, which responds faster than AEP on "cold" requests (requests
where there is no app caching yet).