I've been trying to create a "special" subclass of PolyModel (that does cool
stuff like update Memcache after an entity put()) which my polymodel models
can inherit from (instead of inheriting from db.polymodel.PolyModel).

This has the nasty side effect though of making that  "special" subclass of
PolyModel the root class for my polymodel models.

Is there a way around this?

Eg. Telling db.polymodel.PolyModel to NOT include the first direct subclass
in the class hierarchy that is saved to the Datastore? Or writing my own
PolyModel by basically copying db.polymodel and changing code where
appropriate?

Appreciate any help.

Nick