correct. App Engine currently supports two runtimes: Java and Python.
i know this may be disappointing to some of you potential users, but
our cloud computing platform runs on the same hardware and networks
that power all of Google, and these systems do not run .NET

if you *must* run .NET, the only way to do it is to use Microsoft
Azure http://microsoft.com/azure ... however, be aware that running
similar apps on both platforms, that you're likely to pay a lot more
for Azure than you would for App Engine -- do your due diligence
before making a final decision.

although i am my company's representative, ultimately, i want you to
be happy with your selection, so here are some links that compare both
of our services:

http://www.taranfx.com/google-app-engine-vs-windows-azure
http://oakleafblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/comparison-of-azure-and-google-app.html
http://blog.dantup.com/2009/12/microsoft-windows-azure-vs-google-app.html
http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/kevin_marshall/archive/2009/09/09/building-cloud-applications-windows-azure-vs-google-app-engine.aspx
http://loosexaml.wordpress.com/2009/11/25/comparing-clouds-ec2-azure-app-engine/
http://blog.readytocloud.com/2010/04/amazon-aws-microsoft-azure-and-google.html

if you *do* decide to port your app to Java or Python, we'll be here to help!

best regards,
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
   http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wesc+api-at-google-dot-com
developer relations :: google app engine
@app_engine :: googleappengine.blogspot.com