Greetings Python Developers!

We released version 1.4.3 of the App Engine SDK yesterday. In addition to a
number of great features for Python developers, it is also important because
it represents the last version of the SDK that will be compatible with
Python 2.4.  Going forward, we will require you to use at least Python 2.5
to match the version of Python that runs in the production environment.
Moving to Python 2.5 will also allow us to make a number of changes to make
the developer tools easier to use and maintain.

For developers currently using Python 2.4, we strongly recommend you upgrade
to Python 2.5 as soon as possible.  However, for those of you without the
ability to upgrade (grumpy sysadmins, etc), you can continue to use version
1.4.3 of the App Engine SDK going forward.  However, you will not be able to
take advantage of new features of the App Engine platform as they are
released.

We apologies for the inconvenience (on the bright side, you have an excuse
to play with the new features of 2.5)! Another piece of good news is that
work has begun on the next Python run API to support 2.7! You'll also find
this and other forthcoming features on our product roadmap at:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html

Best regards,
- the Google App Engine team

"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
   http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wesc+api at google.com :: @wescpy
developer relations :: google cloud products