I've answered on Stackoverflow, where you posted the identical question at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34165290/java-google-datastore-async-calls
-- let's please keep the conversation there, where a larger community can
listen, chime in, learn, and so on. In general, Stackoverflow (for
development questions) and Serverfault (for system administration
questions) are more appropriate venues than Google Groups, except for
issues deemed inappropriate there (such as more general discussions, or
requests for advice about, e.g, books to study, or libraries to choose).

Also, it would reduce the confusion quotient if you didn't tag as
google-app-engine (and post to this google-appengine group) questions when,
as you said, you are *not* using appengine. google-cloud-datastore is the
appropriate tag on Stackoverflow (in the case of this specific question, I
have already performed the needed tag-edit for you), and
google-cloud-platform the appropriate Google Group for questions unsuitable
for the Stack sites -- for a complete list of appropriate community support
channels, see https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/3466163 .

As Google Cloud Platform tech support, we monitor all of those channels,
and all our sponsored tags on Stack, so you never lose anything by posting
issues appropriately -- on the contrary, you may gain by attracting the
attention of a more appropriate community, the many people outside of our
tech support group who can and do answer some of the technical questions
posed on such public channels. As a hypothetical example to explain how
this might help you -- and everybody else interested in the answer --
consider that a non-support Google engineer working on Cloud Datastore
outside of App Engine may well keep an eye on the specific
google-cloud-datastore tag on StackOverflow, and sometimes answer technical
questions there, but not follow at all the google-app-engine tag, if it's
outside of his or her specialized technical expertise.

Thanks,

Alex

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAE46Be_L4--yT2zBTgLtCiFN5wmxhRn%2BWiKpYEq%3De3A3GVzftg%40mail.gmail.com.