Thanks Adam,

I added the following line to each user's startup script

export PATH="$PATH:/path/to/google_appengine/"

Using SSH connection i opened the terminal.
user@lamp-bafs:~$  mkdir gaedev

user@lamp-bafs:~$ cd gaedev

user@lamp-bafs:~$ wget -O gae.zip https:
//storage.googleapis.com/appengine-sdks/featured/google_appengine_1.9.38.zip

user@lamp-bafs:~$ unzip gae.zip

user@lamp-bafs:~$ echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/php

user@lamp-bafs:~$ export PATH="$PATH:/home/gaedev/google_appengine/"

user@lamp-bafs:~$ echo $PATH

user@lamp-bafs:~$ echo $PATH

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/usr/bin/php:/home/
gaedev/google_appengine

user@lamp-bafs:~$ cp -r google_appengine/new_project_template testapp

user@lamp-bafs:~$python google_appengine/dev_appserver.py testapp

INFO 2016-06-22 05:00:00,836 sdk_update_checker.py:229] Checking for
updates to the SDK.WARNING 2016-06-22 05:00:02,159 simple_search_stub.py:
1146] Could not read search indexes from /tmp/appengine.new-project-template
.user/search_indexesINFO 2016-06-22 05:00:02,170 api_server.py:205] Starting
API server at: http://localhost:37210INFO 2016-06-22 05:00:02,177
dispatcher.py:197] Starting module "default" running at:
http://localhost:8080INFO 2016-06-22 05:00:02,179 admin_server.py:116]
Starting admin server at: http://localhost:8000

After this I do not see the default browser opening.

Could you plz help us how to use remote appengine SDK(installed in this GCE
instance).All developers want to use one common SDk from this remote
machine?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/71cbcf45-7ea9-4899-8a5f-66613960774f%40googlegroups.com.